Nicholas E. Bragorgos
Location : Memphis
81 Monroe Ave.
Memphis, TN 38103
Nicholas E. Bragorgos is a founding member of the firm. His practice focuses on civil litigation in both Mississippi and Tennessee and includes claims involving the defense of trucking companies and their drivers, personal injury litigation, product liability, construction law, and insurance defense. Prior to founding the firm, Nick worked as an assistant public defender in Memphis and has tried numerous criminal and civil cases.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, Mississippi
- J.D. - 1985
- University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi
- B.A. - 1982
- Major: English
- Personal Injury Law
- Product Liability
- Construction Law
- Insurance Defense
- Trucking and Transportation Law
- Premises Liability
- Insurance Coverage
- Commercial/Business Law
- Contract Law
- Cruse vs Rollins Truck Leasing, 2009 WL 2231205 (Tennessee Supreme Court Workers Comp Panel. July 27, 2009) (worker's compensation defense) (denial of claim affirmed by Worker's Comp Panel)
- Enochs v. Nerren, 949 S.W.2d 686 (Tenn. Ct. App. 1996). Dismissal obtained on behalf of school board and school superintendent on claim of unlawful discharge.
- Hogrobrooks v. Progressive Direct, 858 So.2d 913 (Miss. Ct. App. 2003). Summary Judgment obtained on behalf of insurer on claim of insurance bad faith.
- Progressive Casualty Insurance Co. v. Chapin, 243 S.W.3d 553 (Tenn. Ct. App. 2007). Successful appeal on behalf of insurer. Court of Appeals ruled that motorcycle policy did not provide liability coverage to plaintiff as second permittee and that plaintiff did not have owner's implied permission to drive the motorcycle.
- Dunn v. Davis, 2007 WL 674652 (Tenn. Ct. App. 2007). Successful appeal in case involving wrongful death of a minor. Court of Appeals found in favor of client and reduced damages awarded by jury by $300,000.
- Jenkins v. Southland Capital Corp., 301 S.W.3d 268 (Tenn. Ct. App. 2009). Summary judgment obtained on behalf of a real estate developer in a construction case involving claims of wrongful death.
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Memphis Bar Association
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Transportation Lawyers Association
Current Employment Position
- Founding Member
- Tennessee, 1986
- Mississippi, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 1986
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 1986
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1990
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2000
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2019